Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement

Fees and charges

The list of our most frequently asked planning fees can be found here.

These fees are correct as of 17 January 2018 and is based on The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2012.

This is not a complete list of application types and fees. Those not found in the list above are available on the Planning Portal's fee calculator.

You should pay the fee at the same as submitting your application.

If you are unsure about a fee, contact us at and quote "Fee Query".

  1. Concessions - Exemptions from payments

    You do not need to pay a fee for:

    • alterations, extensions, etc. to a dwellinghouse for the benefit of a registered disabled person
    • applications solely for the carrying out of the operations for the purpose of providing a means of access for disabled persons to or within a building or premises to which members of the public are admitted
    • Listed Building Consent
    • planning permission for relevant demolition in a Conservation Area
    • works to trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order or in a Conservation Area
    • hedgerow removal
    • an application that is the first revision of an application for development of the same character or description, on the same site by the same applicant:
      • For a withdrawn application: Within 12 months of the date when the application was received.
      • For a determined application: Within 12 months of the date the application was granted, refused or an appeal dismissed.
      • For an application where an appeal was made on the grounds of non-determination: Within 12 months of the period when the giving of notice of a decision on the earlier valid application expired.
    • prior approval for a proposed larger home extension

  2. Concessions - Reductions to payments

    The fee will be reduced if:

    • the application is being made on behalf of a non-profit making sports club for works for playing fields, not involving buildings – the fee is £462
    • the application is being made on behalf of a parish or community council - the fee is 50%

Pay for a planning application

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?