I need help with home repairs
A Home Repair Grant can be given for the following:
- General repairs - Urgent and essential repairs to keep your property wind and weatherproof
- Remedial work - to deal with matters which could adversely affect your health. E.g. serious rising damp, old lead water supply pipes, dangerous electrics, obsolete gas boilers or missing standard amenities
- Radon remediation - work to reduce levels of radon in your property if it exceeds the radon action level
- Energy efficiency - work to improve the energy efficiency of your property, if this is not covered by other agencies
- Home security - work to improve home security for vulnerable people, if this is not covered by other agencies
A Home Repair Grant cannot be paid retrospectively for any work already started or completed.
Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible for a home repair grant if you are a private homeowner, over the age of 18, and receive one of the following income related benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Working Tax Credit with an income of less than £16,040
- Council Tax Support
- Disabled Person's Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
You are also eligible to apply if you live in a mobile home on a permanent residential site and pay Council Tax.
How much can I apply for?
A home repair grant can cover up to 100% of the costs of work, up to a maximum of £2,000.
The grant will need to be paid back to us if you move house or sell your property within 10 years of receiving the grant. You would only need to pay back the amount received and no interest would be added.
How do I apply?
Contact us to discuss the work you have in mind.
Home Repair Grants are discretionary and budgets are limited. We will consider your eligibility and the funding available.
If you are eligible, you will need to get 3 quotes for the work.
Low cost loans available
We have worked in partnership with Lendology CIC since 2005 to enable homeowners to access financial help to repair their homes.
The team at Lendology CIC understand the expense of maintaining your home and work with you, and ourselves, to take the stress out of funding repairs, improvements or adaptations.
The loan scheme funds a range of home repairs, improvements, adaptations and energy efficiency measures. There are a number of schemes aimed at supporting owner occupiers, park home owners, landlords, and empty property owners.
Their knowledgeable team of advisers will guide you through the process of applying for a home improvement loan, assess your eligibility, how much you could borrow and the loan best suited to your circumstances.
Contact Lendology CIC direct for an informal chat about the repairs, improvements or adaptations required to your property and how to apply.
Call 01823 461099 or visit lendology