Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Help and support

I am disabled or providing care

  1. What discounts or reductions may I be entitled to?

    You may be entitled to a Council Tax discount or reduction.

    Visit our Council Tax discounts and exemptions page for information.

  2. I need care or home help

    If you need care or home help you can find information on the Somerset County Council website.

    You can also contact Somerset Choices for information on home help.

  3. I would like advice on benefits

    If you need information about Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, visit our benefits advice page.

  4. I receive benefits and need to tell you I am now disabled or a carer

    If you have become disabled or are now a career, you will need to let us know about your change in circumstances as soon as possible.

    You can do this online.

  5. I would like information on grants

    Find information about our Disabled Facilities Grants.

  6. I would like a blue badge

    You can apply or renew a blue badge through the Somerset County Council website.

  7. I need to apply for power of attorney

    If you need information on how to set up a power of attorney, visit the government website.

  8. I would like an emergency response system

    Careline South Somerset is an emergency response system for people who need reassurance that help is at hand at the push of a button 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.

    You can find more information at Careline South Somerset.

  9. I need community transport

    Find information on community transport on their dedicated website.

  10. I need someone to talk to

    If you are having difficulties and need to talk to someone you can find help on the Samaritans website.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?