Coronavirus business support
Page updated: 1st April 2021
Restart Grants for Businesses
**The Restart Grant scheme will be re-opening for applications from 6th April 2021***
The Restart Grant Scheme is for businesses who are liable for business rates and are based in the following sectors*
- Non-essential retail
- Grants from £2667 - £6000 depending on your rateable value
- Hospitality, Leisure, Accommodation, Leisure, Personal Care, Gyms and Sport
- Grants from £8,000 - £18,000 depending on your rateable value
*exclusions apply please see Restart Grants Local Authority Guidance for full details.
*Please note that you may experience performance issues with some web-browsers, we recommend you use Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari*
Scroll down to our dropdown menus below to find out about eligibility, exclusions and how to apply.
Your business may be eligible if it is:
- based in South Somerset
- in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- trading on 1st April 2021 – We are aware that many businesses are unable to recommence services until 12th April at the earliest. For the purpose of this grant scheme a business is considered to be trading if it is engaged in business activity. This should be interpreted as carrying on a trade or profession, or buying and selling goods or services in order to generate turnover. Indicators that a business is trading are:
- The business has staff on furlough
- The business continues to trade online
- The business is not in liquidation, dissolved, struck off or subject to a striking off notice
- The business is engaged in business activity; managing accounts, preparing for reopening, planning and implementing COVID-safe measures
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or has been or has a notice to be struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance
How to apply
We will be opening our grant scheme for applications on 1st April 2021 please note that during the Easter Weekend, there will be no online support available, therefore applications will not be assessed until the week commencing 6th April at the earliest.
Due to significant new checks required by government, each application will take some time to assess, we ask that you allow 21 days before enquiring about any payments.
You can apply through this link: Restart Grant Application Form, if you have not already registered for a My Account you will need to create a basic account in order to continue. This is to ensure the safety and security of your personal information.